Home » » Marketing Activities That Keeps Moving The Needle

Marketing Activities That Keeps Moving The Needle

Written By Ike Ani on Saturday 12 March 2022 | 4:17 pm


Yesterday I was working from a client's office - an Esusu-contribution business.

The business is run from over 100 whatsapp groups and we were extracting the data to automate their accounting.

At 5:34pm, I got a mail.

It was an email I had setup to trigger to my over 18k Accountinghub email list at 5:30pm.

So I got my own copy of the email in my mailbox.

By 5:43pm, 4 people had responded to the email asking to making payment.

So I started discussing with the client about how every tiny marketing effort you make, just moves the needle and gets you more money in your business.

An email I wrote and setup in 15 minutes very early in the day was now going on to make no less than 300k for that day.

When I write an email, I know it will bring in no less than 10 sales.

When I make a flyer and post on social media, it brings in its own sales.

When I put up something on my Whatsapp status - more sales.

When I write on Facebook- more sales.

Every simple little marketing effort, just keeps moving the needle.

As long as I can keep doing these things repeatedly, more and more revenues will keep flowing into the business.

This leads me to a story -

Two days ago, someone called me.

"Hello Madam. I am one of your students from Asaba. I took that your course since 2020 but no customer here in Asaba. Nothing here."

Then I asked, "Which of my courses?" 

I already knew it would be the very first data entry course I did in 2020, before I turned it into a 30-day academy, but I wanted to test him.

Anyways, he couldn't remember the name of the course.

He continued, "Nothing, nothing, since then. I am in Asaba. The awareness is not there. That's why I am calling you."

So I asked him, "Do you notice that I spend everyday of my life creating awareness for what I sell? Can you please point me to where I can find your own awareness efforts."

Ofcourse, there was none online.

So I continued, "My brother, it is your job to create awareness for what you sell. My job is to teach you the skill and how to sell it. I will not come and do it for you. Were you expecting me to rush off now to find customers and send to you? No, I wouldn't. You will do it yourself."

He immediately got in a hurry to rush off the call and I allowed him.

Since 2020, he wasn't moving the needle.

Maybe he has talked to a few people here and there, but those weren't enough to make the needle move.

If you understand the rule on conversion, you will realize that you need to talk to hundreds of people to close decent sales.

Did you notice I wrote to 18,000 people and I am expecting at least 10 sales of 32k each from that email?

That's how the needle moves.

The needle moves when you make the right efforts consistently.

I am awake already.
I have sent out another set of emails to move the needle again.

Replies and alerts have started the day.

At about 8am, I will post on IG and FB to move the needle again.

Ads are consistently running, to move the needle.

Marketing efforts are part of my daily schedule.

The needle must keep moving.

There is no juju to it.

She dey sell, she dey sell means she dey do the work, she dey do the work. 

SIMPLE

Please, insert small-small activities in your day that move the needle.

Don't just go to that shop and sit there and say sales is bad.

Please move the needle.

Do something!

Take a picture, post on FB, IG and Whatsapp.
Design a flyer on Canva and post.
Tell a story of a happy customer.
Share a review from a customer.
Send whatsapp messages to 20 customers.
Write an email.
Do some followup.
Create an offer.
Ask for a partnership.

Just keep doing small-small things that move the needle.

Stop seeing marketing like a big deal.

For small businesses like mine, it is these small-small consistent efforts that make it happen for us.

So do something.

And keep doing it.

Keep moving the needle.

I love you.

#chiomasbusinessschool 
#chiomabusinessschool 
#chiomaifeanyieze
SHARE

About Ike Ani

0 comments :

Post a Comment